Worlds of the Cypher System Collector’s Slipcase Bundle, hardback campaign settings for Cypher System
“This handsome slipcase neatly and beautifully holds three Cypher System setting hardcovers – Gods of the Fall, Predation and Unmasked.
Gods of the Fall, by Bruce R. Cordell
The Gods are Dead—Now It’s Your Turn
There was a time when gods walked the world. Their magic pervaded the earth and the sky. From their mystical realm of Elanehtar, they brought plenty and pestilence. They judged the living and the dead. Their rule was absolute.
Then Elanehtar fell to earth like a vengeful star, sparking cataclysm and plunging the world into a dark age. The gods are gone, but their works remain—scattered and broken. The world struggles under the yoke of murder, slavery, and corruption. Dark things have squirmed free of their divine prisons, and even the afterlife has become a realm of nightmares.
But a power has awoken against the darkness. A divine spark struck in the hearts of new gods-in-the-making. You have this spark—the seed of godhood within you. Can you restore what was broken before the world vanishes forever into darkness? Can you claim a place for yourself in the heavens?
This book includes:
- A complete, ready-to-play fantasy game world for the Cypher System, with a detailed history, new races, dozens of unique locations, and an array of celestial powers to choose from.
- New creatures and NPCs, including the monstrous Hellmaw, guardian of the afterlife; seraphs, metallic servants of the divine; and ravers, the reanimated husks of dead gods.
- Rules for growing your character from adventurer to god. Find your spark, choose your dominion, face divine challenges and labors, and fulfill prophecy to create a new pantheon.
Gods of the Fall is a complete campaign setting for the Cypher System. You need the Cypher System Rulebook to play Gods of the Fall.
Predation, by Shanna Germain
Welcome to the Cretaceous. Our ancestors won’t climb down from the trees for another 66 million years, but here we are now. Time travel seemed like a good idea. Exploring the ancient world. Building. Creating an entire society here in the jungles of our primordial Earth. Until those SATI guys messed it all up.
We’ve got gear. We’ve got guns. We’ve even bioengineered a few dinos to our liking. And that’s good, because we’ll need it all to survive. History says there’s an asteroid headed our way, and there’s no one left alive who knows how to get back to the future.
- A complete, ready-to-play science-fiction game world for the Cypher System, with a detailed history, scores of fascinating locations, new gear and technologies, and a variety of factions and conflicts to drive your story.
- More than 20 new creatures and NPC types, from the snuggly nerezza to the unpredictable lab-grown supersauri. Encounter teslasaurs, cyberdrones, and genetically engineered spiders, plus dinosaurs of all descriptions.
- New character types and abilities. Be a Volcanic Karn who Self-Evolves, an Empirical Tec who Plays God, or perhaps a Daring Pteryx Who Walks with Dinosaurs.
- Rules for dinosaur companions. Choose a ceratopsian, pterosaur, early mammal, ornithomimid—even a raptor or tyrannosaur. You’ll want the help and companionship as you explore the dangerous wilds of Cretaceous Grevakc!
Predation is a complete campaign setting for the Cypher System. You need the Cypher System Rulebook to play Predation.
Unmasked, by Dennis Detwiller
Superpowers and Horror in a Dark Eighties
Top Gun is in theaters. “Papa Don’t Preach” is on the radio. Halley’s Comet is in the sky, and Iran-Contra is in the news. The Soviets are in Afghanistan, and the Doomsday Clock is at 3 minutes until midnight. But there’s something else going on — something even bigger. At school, at the mall, down by the 7-Eleven, you’ve started noticing things. Is that troll doll really glowing? Is that cassette tape calling to you? Why doesn’t anyone else seem to notice?
And when you follow that strange compulsion to create a mask from these items, you become . . . someone else. Someone with capabilities the world has never seen and goals that may not be your own. The mask gives you unimaginable power, but can you resist its agenda? And there are others starting to show up, too, who may have embraced their masks’ dark sides. Maybe that Doomsday Clock matters after all . . .
- A complete, ready-to-play campaign setting of superpowers and psychological horror for the Cypher System.
- Four new types and a load of new foci—and a new approach to superpowers. In your mask form you might be a Metal Head Smasher who Lives on the Dark Side or a Show-O Changer who Flies by Night, but on school days you’re a regular teen dealing with bullies, grades, and New Wave fashion.
- The complete, ready-to-use town of Boundary Bay, NY, as well as detailed information and guidance on creating your own small-town setting—or using your own town, circa 1986!
- New creatures, NPCs, and threats.
- A complete adventure set in Ocean View High School, plus a plethora of tools and advice for building your own adventures and campaigns based around the mystery of the masks.
Unmasked is a complete campaign setting for the Cypher System. You need the Cypher System Rulebook to play Unmasked.”
All three hardbacks are in MINT condition. The slipcase is in VERY GOOD condition.