Ussura (Nations of Theah Book Seven), softback supplement for 7th Sea, by Ree Soesbee
“Primal forests cover mile after mile of landscape, stretching through barren plains and snow-swept mountains. The country of Ussura is a raging bear, ruled by a white-haired beast and guarded by pacts of blood. Her church defies the Vaticine, and her people call for strength from an ancient goddess deep within their shifting lands. Uncounted legends lie within her borders, hidden beneath ice and snow. She has many secrets — ancient ruins undisturbed since the dawn of time, walls of fire that tower over a man’s head, and animals that race through the night laughing at the simpleness of man. Ussura is untamed, but she is not unaware. She dares to educate her peasants, commands no standing army, and relies on the tremendous power of Matushka, an immortal being that defies definition and fiercely protects the nation she calls home. The Vaticine cannot control her. Montegue cannot conquer her. Where will you stand when the snows fall?
The Ussura sourcebook includes:
- A lengthy history of the country, as well as the five ancestral kingdoms which comprise her borders.
- Complete descriptions of the land, its people, and their culture, from the wild horsemen of the east to the fierce guerrilla fighters of the west.
- New details on Matushka, the tragic tale of Gaius Ilya, and comprehensive information on the Ussuran Orthodox church.
- New rules for Ussuran Heroes: unique skills and abilities, an axeman’s fighting school, and expanded details on the shape-shifting magic of Pyeryem.
- Rules and background for the Fhideli, Ussuran gypsies who call no man their master.”