Occult Lore, hardback supplement for D&D 3rd/3.5th edition
“All the myriad secrets of magic…
Wizards study their academic magics in great halls of learning; sorcerers discover their spells through innate talent; clerics call upon the gods for divine favor. But what of those magic-users who delve into more obscure mystic traditions? What of those who tap into the power of the heavenly spheres, or awaken the secret essences of herbs to distill potent magical concoctions? Those whose gift lies in drawing spirits or elemental forces to do their bidding, or who can explore the twisting paths of a dreamer’s mind? What of those whose very presence tampers with the familiar magic of arcane and divine spellcasters?
All these find their place in Occult Lore, a sourcebook of magical knowledge for D20 System players and GMs alike. Each of this book’s ten chapters explores a different avenue of magical study, from the alchemist’s quest for immortality through philosophical perfection to the improvised rituals of sympathetic magic. Whether you’re searching for a new character concept, or looking for a few tricks to hide up your favorite magician’s sleeve, this is the book for you.
Occult Lore features:
- New equipment to fill the laboratories of alchemists, astrologers, and herbalists
- More than 100 new spells and rituals
- Twenty new herbs, and dozens of mundane and magical concoctions, poisons, and magic items derived from them
- Fourteen new PC classes, NPC classes, and Prestige Classes
- New adventuring environments: dreams, realm of the oneiromancer and the dream lich; and geomantic zones where magic is amplified or suppressed
- New feats, skills, clerical domains, and much more!”