Heart of the Jungle, softback supplement for Pathfinder, by Todd Stewart, Tim Hitchcock and Amber Scott
“The Jungle Awaits
From tropical coasts, where greedy colonial powers pillage the land, to remote jungles and rolling savannas of mystics and lion-riders, the Mwangi Expanse is a region of boundless opportunity. Underneath the steaming jungle canopy, the lost ruins of ancient giants shelter isolated tribes, bloodthirsty predators, and screaming hordes of demon-worshiping apes. Sites of ancient magic lie almost forgotten to the outside world, and a steady stream of bold explorers ventures into the trackless wilderness after legendary fountains of youth and cities of gold, never to return. For the jungle is a living, breathing entity, and it’s always hungry… Heart of the Jungle is the perfect supplement for any jungle campaign.
Inside this 64-page book, you’ll find:
- New rules for adventuring in the jungle, including hazards like diseases, fungi, poisonous plants, insect swarms, quicksand, and more.
- Nine new jungle cities, from the colonial trade town of Bloodcove to the cyclopean astrologer-fortress of Jaha, complete with full statistics and maps.
- Information on the many cultures of the Mwangi Expanse, encompassing both the major human tribes and the jungle’s more alien and monstrous denizens.
- A detailed gazetteer of some of the Expanse’s most legendary adventure sites, from the crashed flying city of Kho to the City of Hungry Spires.
- More than a dozen new maps of cities and jungles, each one highly detailed for GM reference or artistically rendered for player handouts.
- Five new monsters, including the flesh-eating botfly, the ancient jungle treant, and the terrifying ape-men known as angazhani.
Massive random encounter tables for multiple jungle adventure terrain types.”