Gamesmaster Guide, hardback rulebook for Alternity, by Richard Baker and Bill Slavicsek
“As the scene opens… hostile alien vessels converge on a starship in the distant reaches of space… scientists and doctors examine the dying victims of a mutant strain of bacteria… heavily armored space marines discover an ancient artifact on a desolate world…
IMAGINE THE FUTURE – ONE EPIC AT A TIME!
This roleplaying game provides a framework for all kinds of contemporary to far-future science fiction adventures. The Gamemaster Guide, the companion volume to the ALTERNITY Player’s Handbook, contains everything needed to moderate the ALTERNITY game, including:
- Rules for creating memorable supporting characters, adventures, and campaigns for any SF setting.
- A “Fast-Play” chapter that teaches the basics of moderating the game and provides a starting adventure.
- Starship construction rules and a tactical space combat system.
- Comprehensive star system design rules, including stellar classes and planetary environments. More than 30 aliens, creatures, and dangerous animals to use as opponents.
- Templates that quickly bring supporting characters to life.
- Guidelines for designing new alien species and alien artifacts.
- Adventure triggers to spur your imagination and ignite the action.
- A complete index for both the Player’s Handbook and the Gamemaster Guide.”