Fate of the Norns – Ragnarok Core Rulebook (Second Edition), hardback roleplaying game, by Andrew Valkauskas
“Deep in the throes of Fimbulwinter, Viking heroes rise to the challenge to stem the dark tide that has engulfed Midgard. The sun and the moon have been devoured and the worlds on the cosmic tree Yggdrasil have been cloaked in a penumbral shroud. The gods are reinforcing Asgard for the coming fury of the giants. The war cry has echoed throughout every corner of the world: will you heed the call?
Fate of the Norns: Ragnarok Core Rulebook is an all-inclusive game that will allow you to create customized characters who will embark on an epic saga. You will partake in a visceral and tactical combat system that rewards team-play and good strategy. Using the innovative Runic Game System, you will spin the tale of heroes and epic feats in a hostile world.
What you’ll find in Fate of the Norns: Ragnarok:
- A role-playing game based on Viking sagas and folklore
- A deep and engaging world with limitless possibilities for adventure
- All rules needed to play the game, designed for 2-8 players
- Mystical runes (included as a cutout printout and also available in semi-precious stone sets that are sold separately) for a game driven by the Runic Game System – no need for dice!
- A choice of 15 different archetypes specializations for your character
- A host of fearsome adversaries
- A myriad of powers, spells, and skills that bring the characters and denizens to life.”
Look, that’s the blurb on the back of the book. It doesn’t do this justice at all – this might be the most beautifully illustrated and put together RPG rulebook I’ve ever seen. The art style is brilliantly evocative and perfect for the Norse theme. All the work of one artist too – a Czech artist called Helena Rosova, who I have to admit I had never heard of.
We don’t have the rune sets in stock, but don’t despair – there are apps available for both iOS and Android: