Far Trader – Profit and Pitfalls Among the Stars, softback sourcebook for GURPS Traveller, by Christopher Thrash, Jim MacLean, and Steve Daniels
““Regina Departure, this is S.S. Freeman, passing the 100D limit, jumping outsystem to Jenghe at this time, no estimated time of return.”
“Freeman, I show you departing Regina System at 16:05-115-1120. Jump approved; squawk 0000. Come back and see us sometime.”
“Regina Departure, this is S.S. Freeman, squawking all zeroes; will do, thanks and out.”
The Universe Is Your Market
There’s a fortune to be made among the stars – for the intrepid merchant with business savvy, a suspicious mind, and more than a little luck.
Be prepared to meet some of the worst characters in the universe – just pray they’re not your business partners! And remember, “cutthroat competition” isn’t just a colorful catch phrase . . .
The “independent trader” campaign is one of the most popular among Traveller players. Far Trader is the complete support volume for a mercantile campaign. You can:
- Develop sector-wide trade routes, following the tides of commerce on an interplanetary scale.
- Start your own character-run business, raise capital, and finance your money-making ventures.
- Make contacts, find niche markets, and exploit opportunities the big corporations miss.
- Learn what it takes to run a successful commercial starship.
- Expand your campaign with 15 new character templates.
- Run entire mercantile campaigns, including Free Traders, smugglers, and pirates.
So stock your starship, grab your gun, and take to the stars . . . fortunes don’t come easy!”