Far Harad – The Scorched Land, softback supplement for MERP and Rolemaster
“Far to the south of the warring realms of Gondor and Mordor, lies an area of harsh winds and blazing sun known to its inhabitants Bozisha-Miraz. It encompasses the lower half of the great desert of Haradwaith, and area labeled Far Harad on the maps of the northern world. Its watering holes and seaports teem with trade and intrigue – its wilds hold ancient mysteries and untold dangers. Though the region is little more than arid highlands, tortured canyons, and a half-score of oases, adventure and high-living await you under the southern sun of Far Harad.
Adventurers find Far Harad rich with challenge. In the port city of Dar, hired swords are always in demand. The vast desert looms ominously with its secretive population of Sandmen and natural hardship. Men tell of entire cities swallowed by the Dune Sea. Ghosts and demons are said to walk the shifting land, guarding treasures beyond imagination. All this and more await the brave in the Scorched Land.
FAR HARAD The Scorched Land includes:
- 4 FULL-COLOR MAPS covering the region and two major cities: Dir Halon and Caras Pharazôn
- A 4-PAGE CITY MAP of the great trade center of Bozisha-Dar.
- MAJOR LAYOUTS: detailed layouts of a key fortress, Gusar’s Djebel; the oasis of Sud Sicanna, and other adventure sites.
- IN DEPTH INFORMATION on cultures, people, creatures, treasures, politics, and warcraft found in the deserts of Southern Middle-earth.
- BACKGROUND AND STATISTICAL INFORMATION for key figures like the 7-regent councilors of Bozisha-Dar, Haradan warriors, and the accursed desert minions of the Lord of the Rings.”