Dune: Chronicles of the Imperium Core Game Limited Edition, hardback roleplaying game
“Experience the splendour… the danger… the intrigue of DUNE, as you and your friends step into the roles of House Mentats, Swordmasters, Nobles, and Bene Gesserit Sisters in service to one of the Great Houses of the Landsraad. Stride across the scorching sands of Arrakis or finesse your way into an imperial gala on Wallach IX. Smuggle the spice melange to the rich and powerful, or lead your House’s forces in a razzia against the Harkonnen oppressors. Endless adventure lies ahead!
The best-selling science fiction work of all time, with over 10 million copies sold worldwide. DUNE has been widely acclaimed as one of the greatest achievements of science fiction. Now you can experience this epic first-hand in roleplaying action-adventure! This detailed manual on the DUNE universe includes:
- A complete overview of the History of the Imperium and the all-powerful Spacing Guild – including material from the forthcoming DUNE prequel novel, House Atreides.
- Information on seven Great Houses and over twenty Houses Minor, along with rules for creating and running your own House.
- Imperial Planetology covering some fifteen key homeworlds, along with dozens of DUNE characters covered in detail, loads of weapons, armour, gear and ‘forbidden technologies’, and numerous spacing vessels.
- Ready-to-play character Archetypes, inclding the Bene Gesserit Adept, Assassin, Swordmaster, Mentat and Noble.
- The Icon System game rules, which make character creation fast, simple and flexible. Combat rules include ritual duelling, “weirding combat” and vehicle chases.
- A complete starter adventure: Instrument of Kanly.
Enter the universe of DUNE – the grandeur and adventure of the Imperium await you!”
Only 3,000 copies of this roleplaying game were ever printed, so this isn’t so much a “Limited Edition” as the only edition. Legal disputes pertaining to the Dune licence prevented Last Unicorn from ever selling the game, but it was included in Wizards of the Coast’s acquisition of Last Unicorn. WotC intended to produce a d20 version of the game, but they failed to agree a deal for the licence, so all that was ever released was this limited edition of the game using the Icon system. About half of the copies were sold at conventions, the rest online (supposedly selling out within a couple of hours). It remains the only official Dune RPG ever published.