Dawning Star – Helios Rising, softback d20 Modern roleplaying game, by Lee Hammock, artwork by Danilo Moretti
“The brighter the star, the deeper the shadow
To the humans, Eos offered a whole new world to explore with all of its challenges, threats, and rewards. But that was just the beginning. The critically acclaimed and ENnie-nominated Dawning Star: Operation Quick Launch introduced the Dawning Star Campaign Setting. In Helios Rising, it explodes with the fury of a thousand suns. Dawning Star is the only full-scale science-fiction campaign setting built on d20 Modern and powered by d20 Future.
Helios Rising presents the rest of the Helios System in all its glory, from the prison-planet Hephaestus to the steamy jungles of C’thalk to the deserted Tentaari Gateway Station. Each planet is described in exacting detail with extensive new rules uniquely tailored to it:
• A dozen playable PC species, including the fierce saurians, the otherworldly yaom, and the stoic coqui.
• More than 100 adventure seeds, mapped locations, and fully statted NPCs, including the Ice Mines of Poseidon, the treacherous underground world of the Hollow Dark, and the Lord Oraton, leader of the Vaasi Assault Clan Ur-Kazzi.
• More than 100 feats, occupations, talent trees, and character classes, including the Wolf Nomads, Mechite Infomongers, and the Blood Guard Warriors of the Saurian Emperor.
• 300+ new weapons, cybernetic implants, nanites, starships, alien relics, mecha, and more gear, including saurian kinai blades, the organic hardware of the haimedians, and singularity rifles.
• A detailed description of Red Truth–a whole new take on psionics, specially developed for a realistic futuristic setting, along with 18 new powers.
• Tons of terrifying new information about the dreaded vaasi, their servitors, their weapons, their culture, and their dark plans for the Helios system.
Requires the use of the d20 Modern Roleplaying Game, published by Wizards of the Coast, Inc.”