Dark Sun, boxed campaign setting for AD&D 2nd edition
“Amid the barren wastelands of Athas lies the scattered city states, each in the grip of its own, tyrannical sorcerer-king. Protecting their own positions with dark magic, they demand absolute obedience. The restless mobs are placated with bread and circuses – the arenas overflow with spectators seeking release from their harsh lives.
The land outside the cities belongs to no one. Savage elves race across the deserts while insectoid thri-kreen satisfy their taste for blood. Dwarves labor at projects beyond the scope of men, and feral halflings lie in ambush.
Athas is a land of deadly magic and powerful psionics that offers no promise of glory or even of survival. Those who do not have the cunning to face life on Athas will surely perish – leaving nothing but bones bleached white under the blistering rays of the Dark Sun.
ON THE SANDS OF ATHAS YOU’LL FACE…
Three new PC races!
- Muls – half-dwarf, half-human; specially bred for combat!
- Thri-kreen – the savage mantis-warriors of the barrens!
- Half-giants – bred for tremendous size and strength!
Three New PC classes!
- Gladiators – Heroes of the arenas, the ultimate warriors!
- Templars – Wicked priests who serve the sorcerer-kings!
- Defilers – Wizards whose powers drain the life around them!
More Powerful PCs!
- All DARK SUN game characters begin at 3rd level!
- Ability scores that can go as high as 24!
- All PCs have one or more psionic powers!
- The new Character Tree allows players to advance many characters at once!
IMPORTANT! In order to explore the world of Dark Sun you must have a copy of the Complete Psionics Handbook.”
- Rules Book (96 pages) (VERY GOOD condition)
- The Wanderer’s Journal (96 pages) (NEAR MINT)
- A Little Knowledge (16 pages) (NEAR MINT)
- The Tyr Region (MINT)
- The City of Tyr (MINT)
- Player Aid Cards (spiral bound flip-book with 12 cards) (MINT)
- Dungeon Master’s Book (spiral bound flip-book with 12 cards) (NEAR MINT)
- Dark Sun World poster (NOT PRESENT)
- The Complete Psionics Handbook Errata and Clarifications (single page, printed on one side) (NEAR MINT)
The box itself is in GOOD condition.