Al-Qadim – Arabian Adventures, softback campaign setting for AD&D 2nd/2.5th edition, by Jeff Grubb
“Magic carpets, ghoulish victims, genies rising from the sand in a whirlwind of smoke and fire – such wonders, spun into tales by the fabled Scheherazade, enchanted a king for a thousand and one nights. The AL-QADIM campaign will enchant role-players for a thousand and one more. You are about to discover an exotic realm inspired by the tales of Sinbad, Ali Baba, and other classics from the Arabian Nights. The first in a series of products, this volume features everything DMs and players need to launch the AL-QADIM* campaign:
- New rules for adventure, including desert survival, turning the hand of Fate, and averting the mysterious power of the evil eye
- New roles to play: bold desert raiders, swashbuckling corsairs, clandestine slayers, mystic clerics, wizards of fire, sorcerers who command the genies, and more – over 20 roles in all!
- New proficiencies, from camel-riding to haggling at the bazaar.
- New spells and a unique realm of magic, featuring the provinces of flame, wind, sea, and sand.
- An introduction to Zakhara, Land of Fate, a new setting for the AL-QADIM campaign.
Your flying carpet awaits: step aboard and let the magical journey begin.”