Achtung! Cthulhu – The Fate Guides to the Secret War, softback campaign setting for Fate
“The Fate Guides to the Secret War is a terrifying World War Two setting for Fate Core (conversion by Ryan Macklin)
Discover the secret history of World War Two: stories of amazing heroism, in which stalwart men and women struggled to overthrow a nightmare alliance of science and the occult; of frightening inhuman conspiracies from the depths of time; of the unbelievable war machines which were the product of Nazi scientific genius – and how close we all came to a slithering end! The Secret War has begun!
Inside you’ll find:
– An array of historical and fictional material to help you create exciting characters from across Europe, the British Commonwealth, and the United States
– How you can keep the home fires burning, become part of the Allied war effort, or risk everything by joining the partisans to bring down the Reich from within!
– What life was like serving with the various military forces and on the Home Front
– Additional hints and tips designed to help you find out what dark secrets your past may contain …
– Details of what life was like in the various Allied and Nazi forces & intelligence agencies
– Occult organisations and Mythos-based missions
– New tomes, secret weapons, artefacts & equipment
– Key characters & vile creatures
– New Fate Core rules and strategies for Sanity, World War Two combat & survival
In fact, a whole shoggoth’s worth of Cthulhu villainy, enough for any Keeper to have his investigators dead, insane, or running for their lives in no time! The Keepers Guide to the Secret War will be the essential wartime reference for any Fate Core Keeper or fan of the Cthulhu Mythos.
This edition presents new rules for Fate Core suited to playing in a Cthulhu Mythos setting and in a World War Two setting, including sanity and Mythos magic rules, ways to construct and use Mythos creatures, handling conflicts in a warzone, broadening intellectual skills and using all of them in investigation, and more! Achtung! Cthulhu merges these great flavours together, but the Game Creation chapter in the Keeper’s Guide tells you how to tweak those individual dials for your Fate campaign.
Requires the Fate Core rules to play.”