- Where is The Shop on the Borderlands? We are an online retailer, so there isn’t a shop as such. However, the business is based in the beautiful Tamar Valley in southwest England. The River Tamar is the historic border between celtic Cornwall and England. Since we’re right next to the river, we really are ‘on the Borderlands’.
- Why ‘The Shop on the Borderlands’? The first roleplaying game I ever played was Basic Dungeons & Dragons. And the first adventure I ever played was the classic B2 ‘The Keep on the Borderlands’. Since it was included in the Basic D&D boxed set, I suspect that many other people got their first taste of roleplaying from this very adventure, so the name of our online shop is a deliberate tribute to Gary Gygax’s brilliant introductory adventure.
- What payment methods do you accept? We accept PayPal and all major debit and credit cards.
- How secure is your online payments system? We process payments through the PayPal payment gateway so you can be sure that your payment details are secure. Your card details go directly to the payment gateway and are not visible to us.
- How much does shipping cost? We pride ourselves on shipping rates that are both competitive and transparent. Unlike many online retailers, we don’t expect you to wait until you’ve gone through most of the checkout process before we give you the shipping charges. See here for our full rates and expected delivery times. If you’re in the UK and your order comes to at least £20, shipping is free!
- Do you ship overseas? We are based in the UK, but are happy to ship all around the world. See here for more details. We offer very competitive international shipping rates.
- What condition are your products? We sell classic and out-of-print roleplaying games, supplements and adventures. A lot of our products are actually in mint or near mint condition. Conversely, some of our stock is in fair or poor condition. We want to make the condition of the item you are buying very obvious to you. As well as giving each product a condition grade, we also use What You See Is What You Get photography. This means that the image you see is a photograph of the actual copy you will be buying. We have some products in more than one condition. We always take photos of each item and it’s probably obvious from the photos on the product page which is ‘very good’ and which is ‘fair’. However, if you need any clarification, just ask. We also sell brand new items – these will have the condition ‘Mint and NEW’ to distinguish them from products which are second-hand but which look like they could be brand new.
- What if you don’t have what I’m looking for? Send us an email explaining what you’re looking for (and ideally how much you’d be prepared to pay for it), and we’ll see what we can do.
The UK's Best Selection of Classic Role-Playing Games